This is another winner for our Axis Powers Hetalia Fanart contest held in last month – La Tobba. She has gotten a sponsorship from Miccostumes.com – the Axis Powers Hetalia Antonio cosplay Costume. After receiving the costume, she will take photos and share those with all of us. Just expect :P! Below, we make an interview with her.
1. Since cosplay becomes more and more popular, how do you think about the good things and also bad things on this performance art?
I think that there are too many people that take cosplay too seriously.I see a lot of people going mad because their cosplay or their wig isn’t exactly like the one of the character they have decided to cosplay. I think that it’s not a job but only a way to have fun with friends, so take it easy 😉
2. Do you consider yourself a “cosplayer” year round, or only when participating in certain activities?
I mostly do cosplay during the convention but sometimes I also dress up for fun when I’m home or with friends so… something between the two things.
3. Going to a venue with many people to watch you in costume and simply taking a photograph, which one is more meaningful?
To me they’re pretty much the same thing.
4. Is the creation of the costume or characters more valuable than the actual acting or vice versa, or is it a mix? As well, how much of the do-it-yourself mentality is admired? If someone just bought their whole costume, are they still a true cosplayer?
Yeah if you can identify yourself into your character when you have bought your whole costume you’re still a cosplayer. We’re not all gods of the sewing machine though realizing your cosplay by yourself is much better than buying it since you get more satisfaction and more fun.
5. Which contest theme do you mostly want to see at Miccostumes.com?
I don’t know maybe something related to cosplay music videos.