Two contests related to Bleach cosplay and Axis Powers Hetalia fanart were held last month and this is the interview with one of winners – Michelle Garcia. Congratulations, Michelle and huge thanks for accepting our interview :D!
Michelle will be sponsored with the Bleach Gin Ichimaru Arrancar Cosplay Costume. Later, she will share us her photos with the costume worn. Let’s expect ~~
1. Since cosplay becomes more and more popular, how do you think about the good things and also bad things on this performance art?
A: Well I think that cosplay is good because it helps you understand the character you portraying. I feel that there is no bad at this performing arts :D!
2. Do you consider yourself a “cosplayer” year round, or only when participating in certain activities?
A: I consider a cosplayer year round because I go to many cons and expos in the years also go to festivals to cosplaying :D.
3. Going to a venue with many people to watch you in costume and simply taking a photograph, which one is more meaningful?
A: To me going with many people to watch not only me but other wonderful cosplayers is meaningful to me 😀 what would be the use of a photograph if you’re not there with friends that are also cosplayers :D.
4. Is the creation of the costume or characters more valuable than the actual acting or vice versa, or is it a mix? As well, how much of the do-it-yourself mentality is admired? If someone just bought their whole costume, are they still a true cosplayer?
A: I personally think it’s a mix because even if you have a awesome costume you may not even know how to act the character well or you may know how to act well but the costume is horrible, so I think it’s more like combinding the costume and the character acting into one :D. To do it yourself mentality is admired if you know how to :D. I think they still are because even if they are new to cosplay as long as that person who bought the whole costume is indeed a true cosplayer :D.
5. Which contest theme do you mostly want to see at Miccostumes.com?