I initially found Akane Yueyuki by her music, According to profile on Blogger, Akane feels interested about really LOTS of movies, music and books. In her word, she aims to show her artwork to the world. Joining in cosplay in October, 2010, she was ever the only one cosplaying as Maka at Animangaki. Here, Akane Yueyuki joins in our cosplay interviews to share her cosplay experience and tips. Thanks, Akane Yueyuki, XD.
1. Please Introduce yourself first?
Umm….ok….I’m really bad at this but here goes! I’m Akane Yueyuki, currently 18 going on 19 years old. Just started cosplaying in October last year and loving it! XD
2. What does cosplay mean to you?
It’s a way for me to express myself freely with friends…and just to enjoy life! ^^
3. What was your first cosplay?
My 1st cosplay was Maka Albarn from Soul Eater. She inspired me too much that I feel I MUST start cosplaying!
4. Does your family support your cosplay?
Yes, more or less….surprisingly….I thought they gonna kill me when they found out…but until now, they are still quite supportive.
5. What is your most memorable cosplay experience?
My 1st photoshoot! I never knew doing silly poses with others can be so much fun! Haha~
6. What are your 2011 cosplay plans?
Soul Evans from Soul Eater, Panty from PSG, Syaoran frm TRC and Maka Spartoi Version…all confirmed! Hehe ^^b
7. If possible, which anime/manga/game do you want to cosplay most?
I love anime the most…but for now, nothing strikes my interest…I’m still waiting for another anime that can make me overcome my love for Soul Eater…XD
8. Do you make costumes yourself or buy them?
For now, most of my costumes are bought (I don’t have a sewing machine T~T). But I do make my own props and parts of my costume, like my Maka boots…I love them so much…hehe…
9. Any other cosplayers you like?
Oh…there are so many epic cosplayers everywhere….but I have no particular interest on anyone for now…^^
10. Do some changes happen to you after cosplay?
Plenty…I learnt how to make up, make props, pose for photos, and much more. Now I have MUCH more knowledge on a lot of things compare to before!
11. Any advices you wanna share with cosplay newbies?
LOL! I’m still a newbie myself. XD But for all cosplayers just starting out, just have fun, mingle with everyone, ask A LOT…you’ll be surprised how nice and amazing cosplayers are! ^^
12. When will you stop cosplay ?
Dunno…I guess maybe when I have no more time for it…I hope not though…XD