We got the chance to interview the cosplay talent – SasuSaku-4ever. We reviewed her Tekken: Blood Vengeance Alisa Bosconovitch Cosplay few days ago. Sasu, thank you so much for sharing your cosplay ideas and thoughts with us :). You can know more about her via the following interview.
1. Since cosplay becomes more and more popular, how do you think about the good things and also bad things on this performance art?
The good thing is that many people likes manga and anime and would like to express their love of characters through cosplay as for the bad thing is because some people focus too much on cosplay and lost focus on whats on the real world.
2. Do you consider yourself a “cosplayer” year round, or only when participating in certain activities?
I am proud to be a cosplayer therefore i am a cosplayer every single day hahah.
3. Do you prefer solo cosplay or group cosplay?
Well i get a bit embarrassed if i am doing a solo cosplay and dress up alone but if i am with my friends and doing partners of group i am ok so i guess.
4. Is the creation of the costume or characters more valuable than the actual acting or vice versa, or is it a mix? As well, how much of the do-it-yourself mentality is admired? If someone just bought their whole costume, are they still a true cosplayer?
Actually, both are important well of course i admire those who cam make awesome props and costumes but the true meaning of cosplay isn’t about how good youa re at sewing and at crafting etc etc. the true meaning of cosplay is about how well you portray the character and what you can do to make yourself look like the character and also looking for the right back ground and also try your best to act like that character THATS cosplay so yes people who buy costumes or props online are still cosplayers if they tried to potray their character with the right background and also tried to look like the character he or she is a cosplayer.
5. Do you have one piece of advice that you would give to cosplay virgins?
Hahaha to all newbies cosplayers. YOU GUYS CAN DO IT! just put in effort on going out for shoots with the right costume, props and wig i am sure you guys will look great! so PUT IN EFFORT!~ listen to suggestions! YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!