A set of photos about Wirt and Greg cosplay began to spread across the social media recently. Many people said that these photos called up sweet memories of their childhood, so they intend to cosplay these two characters.
However, Greg teapot hats on the market are either too heavy or too expensive. Thus, I will share a tutorial on making lightweight Greg hats with you.
- Plastic teapot (Plastic teapots are lightweight and easy to modify. You can buy one from a toy store nearby.)
- Sawand knife
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Silver/Chrome spraypaint
- Clear spraypaint sealer or Mod Podge
- Elastic band or string
Detiled steps of creating Greg teapot hat
- Empty and wash the teapot.
*My teapot has no handles on the both sides, so I first need to make a handle. If your teapot has a handle on one side, you can skip these steps.
2. This teapot has a handle on the top so I can make full use of it. Cut the handle in half with a saw.
3. Remove both halves of the handle from the teapot body by the saw.
4. Leave the section of the handle you need. Place it on the body of the teapot and keep it parallel to the spout. Then hot glue it.
5. Fix the Greg Over the Garden Wall teapot with a tube and then spraypaint it.
Tips: You’d better go to a well-ventilated area for this step.
6. Once the paint is dry, test the teapot. If it is too high or you want to widen the opening, mark the areas that need to be removed with a pencil.
7. Take the knife to cut the plastic teapot. Sand any rough edges with sandpaper (or apply a circle of hot glue to the rough edges). Then use the hot glue gun to leave two holes parallel to the spout and the handle.
8. Seal the teapot with sealer or Mod Podge. Take the elastic band or string through the holes and then tie it.
9. Adjust the length of the elastic band or stringby your needs. Then you can get a teapot hat for Greg.
It is not hard to create a Greg teapot hat, isn’t it? In fact, Wirt costume can make your Over the Garden Wall cosplay more perfect. That’s all for today’s quick guide. Come and try it now!