A month ago, we posted an stunning Lara Croft Cosplay photo from misslarisacroft on our daily cosplay blog. Perhaps you have known this cosplay talent from Ukraine. misslarisacroft shows us many awesome Lara Croft cosplay works by wearing different Lara’s clothes. Her Lara Croft Cosplays are the best I’ve ever seen 😀 . It’s our pleasure to invite her to do an interview below.
1. Since cosplay becomes more and more popular, how do you think about the good things and also bad things on this performance art?
I’m glad that cosplay becomes more popular, especially in my country. The only bad thing is expenditure 😀 But without this won’t be good and qualitative cosplay. The good things are pleasure, popularity, new friends and knowledge, aim in your life.
2. Do you consider yourself a “cosplayer” year round, or only when participating in certain activities?
Of course I consider myself a cosplayer year round:) I try to do my cosplay, when I have free time.
3. Going to a venue with many people to watch you in costume and simply taking a photograph, which one is more meaningful?
Yes, I try! I love to see reaction of people about my cosplay, and I’m very happy to be in the centre of attention 🙂
4. Is the creation of the costume or characters more valuable than the actual acting or vice versa, or is it a mix? As well, how much of the do-it-yourself mentality is admired? If someone just bought their whole costume, are they still a true cosplayer?
Not everyone can afford to buy costume or equipments for cosplay so then make it himself. Of course, when you have sewn a costume it will be more respectful, than when you bought it. For example, in my country it’s so hard to find Lara’s costumes so my boyfriend makes costumes and equipments himself 🙂
5. Do you have one piece of advice that you would give to cosplay virgins?
Yes – If you already lay down an aim – don’t give up hope!